Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Time.

As we grow older, we seem to take advantage of everything. Like, how we seem to be taking advantage of someone else's emotions. When we meet a stranger, we would try our best to not offend the person with our words and actions but as we get to know him, we just stop trying to care for his feelings. We start taking advantage of each other's feelings, shrugging it away. "He's my friend, he'll know that I'm just joking."

As we grow older, we also seem to lose our interest in wanting to know. Children are always starving for knowledge, always wanting to know how birds fly or why that man is walking in that manner. It's scary to know that as we grow older, we lose the want to know. We just stopped being curious. "It's like that." That's the kind of response I'll get for being curious at my age.

It is when we're too comfortable that we just stop trying. We stop trying to be nice to our friends. We stop trying to learn new things by observing. We just start assuming that friends will take it as a joke. We start assuming that we know everything there is to know because we've been living for years.

This is what I'm afraid of. Being too comfortable.

I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of this. I have my fair share of hurting friends and assuming that they'll understand.

I don't want to grow older, if this is what I have to deal with.

No comments: