Friday, December 28, 2012

Forget.

"You can express yourself with words and that is an advantage."

I am having difficulties writing for leisure purposes after having to write 3000 word essays in two days because writing became a task to fulfill. I can't find peace of mind when I type anymore. It got so bad that I cried when words were unable to flow out through my fingers when I see a blank page. My only way out from my daily life has become a job.

My dad said this to me today. And that was all I needed to hear to get back into writing. Baby steps, Sue. Baby steps.

3 comments:

Lady Disdain said...

Ngh, it's the worst feeling. I hate it. I hate even thinking about it.

But your dad is right. And writing is patient enough to wait :)

Oh! Also, I love Kimbra. She hails from where I live.

bloody awful poetry said...

^ This. I haven't been able to post anything recently because of all the academic obligations ; it's a thing that happens at least a couple of times a semester. There will be burn out points, or times when you've just exhausted all the words in your brain after 6 straight pages of metaphors or whatever shit you've been assigned. It's horrible. But if it's any comfort, those times do and will pass. When you're in the right headspace for it, writing can be the most comforting, liberating thing you can do for yourself. Don't ever let it go, dude. Big hugs <3

Sue Fyenn said...

Thanks, guys! :) This made me feel much better, knowing it will go away.

LD, Kimbra is boss. She owns. :D

V, big hugs! And I love how writing affects everyone in a good way. :)