Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chart.

I just successfully walked into a door. A freaking wooden door. I'm not sure if that's something I should be proud about but it would be something I'll share with my children (that is, if I have kids) in the future.

"Kids, Mommy has something to tell you. You must always listen to me or Santa will hide under your bed and make creepy, gargling noises when you sleep (because Santa uses mouth wash like, all the time), okay? Mommy once walked into a door and the door keepers weren't happy about it. And they took all the doors away and there were no doors anymore. The End. The moral of the story is don't walk into any door you see."


You know, for a person who had no prior training in basketball, I'm pretty awesome at getting the ball through the hoop. I was playing basketball with the boys in my Boys' Brigade company and I actually managed to shoot the ball into the hoop three times in a row. Sometimes, I surprise myself. This got me wondering about the other things I was reluctant to try, worried that people might snigger behind my back, or even laugh in my face. But now, I'm motivated to try out not-so-crazy-but-could-be-embarrassing-if-I-suck things. Like, painting a scenery. Now, where did my poster colours go to?

No comments: