Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fly.

A couple of things happened while I was in Penang for five days with my travelling buddy.

One. I dropped my phone in Penang and it is gone forever. It fell out of my pocket before I remember that I should be putting it in my bag instead of my pocket. And tadaa, gone. It's not even two years old ugh. This is the first time that I dropped it and it really vanishes. I had to walk along a busy road to look for it, which brings me to number two;


Two. Some creepy Malay dude on a motorbike stopped by the road and offered me money to follow him home. Not the kind of conversation I was expecting to have at 9am while looking for my missing phone with stickers on it. He firstly stopped his bike by the road and asked if I needed a ride anywhere. I declined his offer politely and continued looking for my phone. He then started shouting, "Marilah ikut abang balik. Berapa you nak? Berapa? Berapa? (Why don't you follow me home? How much do you want? How much? How much?)" at me. I ignored him and continued walking along the road. Oh, but that's not the best part of this little tale. Apparently, he rode away and took a U-turn and stopped in front of me for the second time. And asked me again how much I wanted from him so I'll follow him. I pretended I didn't hear him and continued walking before I saw Chris, my Penang friend and told him I wanted to leave that area pronto.

When I was propositioned, I wasn't scared or worried about my safety. It finally sank in when I saw Chris. I told Chris that there is this dude who is stalking me and he wants me to get on his bike and he was shocked and apologetic. He said he didn't expect such things to happen in the morning on a super busy main road and he was sorry for leaving me alone to look for my phone. I was pretty shaken by that incident and I didn't bother looking for my phone anymore. An hour later or so, I asked Chris if I looked like a prostitute because I couldn't understand why that man would suggest such a thing to a passerby. I was wearing shorts and a tank top. I wasn't naked or in my undergarments. Even if I was naked, there is no reason why that man had to sexually harass me in broad daylight on a busy road. But I was lucky that this happened along a busy road because he couldn't do anything physical to me or force me to the ground. 

Fucking creepy dude, fuck you. I pity your wife and your family for having you as a member of their family. I pity your friends that recognised you as their friend. You are a disgrace to mankind. You are the reason why women don't feel safe walking alone. You are the reason why the majority of men who are much more of a man in their fingertips than you can ever dream to be are forced to live behind your shadow. You disgust me.


Three. I remember how much I love the beach. It has been more than ten years since I felt sand between my toes. I miss the feeling of my feet sinking into the sand. I miss the splash of the cold water as I stroll along the beach. I love beaches. Damn it, I fucking miss the beach right now. I could just walk 500 miles along the sea shore.


Four. Saying goodbye is the hardest. 

3 comments:

Leticia said...

How am I supposed to contact you if you lost your phone? D:
Did you get your number back by going to the phone service provider's centre? :)

Tsk tsk, shame on that disgusting bastard that propositioned you.

I hope you are feeling better now.

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE GETTING ALONG OR I'M GOING TO CONTINUE HOLDING YOUR T-SHIRT & SHORTS HOSTAGE. I am not afraid of cutting off 'body parts'!

Lady Disdain said...

D: Ugh, what a sickening experience. I hate that behavior like that exists.

I love the beach, too. Wouldn't you just love to own a little house by the sea? I think being by the sea just automatically makes everything better.

Sue Fyenn said...

I hate that people like this feel like it's okay to do this Because it's so disgusting.

Yes. Everything by the sea. Just put a sea into the picture and everything feels perfect. :)