Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Flame.

Let me tell you about the most amazing thing that happened during Sigur Rós' concert in Fort Canning Park last Friday. The rain. The motherfucking rain that started when they began the last song. It was as if nature was collaborating with them to create the best gig experience ever.

When I finally arrived in Singapore, rain was everywhere. I detested the rain. It held us back from getting to the hotel. We had to look for the hotel and walk around aimlessly with bags on our backs under the rain. We arrived at a muddy and wet concert venue. I hated the rain. This wasn't the kind of experience I was imagining myself in when I daydreamed about the concert. There were supposed to be fireflies around, not fucking mud and wet grass.

Ah, but the rain. The rain that was perfectly synced with Untitled #8 aka Popplagið - it was the perfect rain. It wasn't just drizzles or rain that came and went and again, came and went. The rain started right when they played the first note of Popplagið and as the song progressed, the rain became heavier. When they finally reached the climax of the song, the rain poured like never before. It was as if someone was literally pouring buckets of water on all of us. And then, the rain immediately stopped once they played the last note. The rain didn't slow down - it just stopped.

It was the best gig experience I've ever had.
I felt cleansed after that wet show. I was reborn.

Read more about this gig on Vanessa's blog because c'mon, it's fucking Sigur Rós and no one should ever get enough of Sigur Rós. 

2 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

Okay so I choked up a little at your post. Regardless of my overall feelings about the gig as a whole, that encore, that one song? That was a once in a lifetime moment of utter perfection. Shit like that doesn't just happen. That was fucking special - BEYOND special. And we were there, dude. Holy shit. We were there.
I love this band so much I don't know what to do with myself.

(also thanks for pimpin' my blog yo!)

Sue Fyenn said...

Yes, it was utter perfection or as you called it, 'The Magic Rain'.

We were there. We experienced it first hand. I am thankful we were there because holy shit, I would die of envy if I know of people who went there and got The Magic Rain.

Well, you pimped mine in a way so...

JONSI DOESN'T LOVE YOU BACK MUAHAHAHAHA