Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Natural

I'm alone in my room in my dorm for the first time. My roommates have left me to go back home. Honestly, I am happy to have this whole room to myself for once. I've never had this room to myself before and it feels very liberating to be able to do anything I want without being worried that one of them will open the door. I can finally blast my music without being assholey roommate!

Tonight is my last night in this room.

I'm finally done with my first year. The next time I step into university, I'll be a second year student. It's pretty scary, how fast time flies. Life in university is very quick. You blink and you're already done with one year.

I have met so many amazing people during my first year. My English coursemates who will always be my coursemates, All Outers who have given me a place to run from reality for just a while, and many, many friends.

I actually miss my roommates. We would never have become friends if we were not assigned to this room. Different background, different mentality. But I really do miss them now. I wish them well.

I am going to miss the friends who are going to graduate soon. They have inspired me to be just as amazing of a senior like they have been to me. Good luck in your future undertakings.

Here's to more memories.


1 comment:

bloody awful poetry said...

I LOVE it when everyone goes home and I'm the only one left in the room (sometimes the whole floor). It's a good time to play really loud music and take turns sleeping in all the beds and sit at your laptop naked, not that I've done any of those things.

Also yeah, time moves really really fast. I remember first coming into uni and thinking that 3.5 years sounds like FOREVER and it's not. It's really really not. Treasure your people.