Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ivy.

I'm in a better place now. After much persuasion from Chris, I finally sought out professional help. I've had a couple of meetings with a counselor and he managed to help me tune my mental state to be a more positive one. I'm feeling much better now and I think I can do this. I'm actually not ashamed to tell people that I have a meeting with a counselor because I don't think it's something to be embarrassed about. However, some people really should change their views on counselors. Just because I have a counselor to talk to doesn't mean I am mentally unstable or that I am going to commit suicide. I just need a professional to help me identify the reason I think the way I thought before.

I chose to not blog about this earlier because I didn't want to jinx this. I didn't want to go all "hey I'm going to be better now yay!" and then become depressed again.

So, I guess you guys can expect more posts from me now.

3 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

BLESS YOUR HEART it is SO good to see you back here.

I'm happy you went out there and got the help you needed (mental health is such an iffy topic for a lot of people, and society as a whole could probably stand to learn that seeking help for mental issues isn't weak or weird or self-indulgent) and I'm happy you're in a good place and hopefully moving on to better and better places, and I'm happy you're back here, being your old scribbly blogger self.

Lady Disdain said...

Yes! I'm happy to see you back too! I totally get what you mean about jinxing things though - these last few weeks have been very cloudy for me, and I don't mean that in terms of weather. But I guess you have to take each day as it comes huh? I'm so glad to see you're on your way out of the rut though.

ohmanitsatree said...

you promised more posts

where are they!!!!!