Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weeds.

Radiohead's Lotus Flower earns five fucking gold stars for being so damn good. Thom's spastic dance, the bassline that has earned a temporary home in my head, Thom's falsetto voice, the lyrics. I don't remember why or how this song seemed so messed up during my first listen. The song is gorgeous.


There are many acoustic versions of this song but I prefer the full band version, because the bassline is so mindfucking.

I finally got myself to the doctor after suffering from a 10-day old sore throat that refuses to leave. I am now taking five kinds of pills and I think it is making me high or some sort. And cough mixture. Yeap, codeine. I'mma drug addict.

3 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

See? King Of Limbs, not so bad! Of course, the only thing I love more than Lotus Flower itself, is the Beyonce version. So fabulous, Thom Yorke.

Sue Fyenn said...

King of Limbs, pretty damn good.

Wait, there's a Beyonce version? ZOMG.

bloody awful poetry said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KujlXtH20l8

Not a cover, no. But someone did dub Single Ladies over Thom's dance moves, and it is AMAZING as.