Saturday, April 14, 2012

Idea.

Scene : Elder brother calls. I answer his call.
Bro : Hey, I have a file to send to you.
Me : What? You want to give me some pau?
Bro : File! I have a file to send to you!
Me : What? You're giving me an angpau?
Bro : Song! I'm emailing you a song!
Me : What? You have a bong?
Bro : A SONG. S-O-N-G.
Me : What? F-O-N-G?
Bro : *clearly frustrated* Never mind. I'll text--
Me : You should send me a text. I don't understand whatever you're saying. 

Either the mobile telephone reception in my area is awful or I'm going deaf.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What I don't get is how you heard 'angpau'. 'Pau' I understand la, it sounds some what similar. Haha but angpau???

Sue Fyenn said...

I guess, when the line is crappy or my ears are too stuffed with earwax, you tend to imagine words. Like, hey, if he's not talking about pau, it must be angpau! Because there's pau in angpau and-- you get what I mean, right?