Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Away.

So, what now? I'm done with my exams and I do not wish to contribute my services to the nation by working. Not yet anyway. After-exam life has been pretty good so far. Camps, catching up with friends, random outings, a guy whom I am really interested in getting to know better (he's real, not some celebrity or musician that I fantasize about), late night snacking and video watching, and just chilling out. People asked me whether I have decided on anything to occupy my nine months break (see: working) but honestly, I have nothing planned out yet. I just want to do the things I've been dying to do for a very long time. Like, learning to swim. I never took it up because I never had the courage and time to do it. I can't swim for nuts and I think I should get prepared for The End in case we all die due to massive tsunamis. At least I will have a small chance of surviving instead of what I have now. Nil.

I've noticed how I am a little more reserved to myself when it's almost the end of the year. I simply wrap myself in a blanket and spend an entire day, just reading and listening to music. I disconnect myself from the outside world by not going on the Internet and sometimes, just switching off my phone. I choose the friends I want to go out with. Just now, I played on the swing alone in the playground while it was drizzling. I don't know why but I guess, December is the month for myself. I become a little more quiet and a little more emo, as people would put it. I would feel really bad for declining meet-ups or hangouts if it was any other month but right now, I don't feel guilty for rejecting friends because I just need to take a break from everything after a year of constantly moving forward.

I'm getting tired and the weather's getting colder. I'm going to retire to my cave now.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I literally LOLed/snickered when you said "(he's real, not some celebrity or musician that I fantasize about)".