Thursday, December 29, 2011

Clouds.

It's nice to feel belonged, whether you can see the physical shape of the members of a group such as a school band or friends or an Internet community where you can only feel their presence.

I found this in a John Green novel I borrowed from the Sunway University library. Opening the book with this falling out and floating onto my floor makes the whole experience of being a nerdfighter a little more amazing. This gives me a little more hope for the Internet community. The nerdfighter who left this note in the book didn't know the person who will stumble on this note but yet, she (based on her beautiful handwriting I can never achieve) leaves it anyway, hoping to make a fellow nerdfighter's day.

I guess that is what makes an Internet community a little more special. It transcends everything physical; the places we live in, the schools we go to, the food we eat, the Gods we pray to, the clothes we wear, etc. Identity and social status means nothing. All that matters is we share interest in the same things and in this case, we watch Vlogbrothers on Youtube and have the same passion for books, music, philosophy, etc. with John and Hank and are always there for each other, regardless of what or who you are.

Nerdfighteria, to me, felt too surreal to actually exist because this is the same group of people who actually created a well filed with clean water for the people in Haiti. Nerdfighteria helps small entrepreneurs in different continents and countries to expand or simply start a business to sustain theirselves by leading them money through Kiva.org. Nerdfighters come together for a sole purpose of decreasing worldsuck and change lives.

I'm gonna keep this because it is a very special note and I feel as if this was intended to be for me. I'll leave a note for the next nerdfighter and make him or her feel the same way I felt when I saw this note. 

"Although the population of Nerdfighteria is scattered internationally, the citizens have united numerous times to decrease worldsuck through super secret projects, other charitable events, scavenger hunts, video montages, happy dancing, and gatherings."
Urban Dictionary  

Nerdfighteria is a Utopian community that consist of beautiful people and they really are made of awesome.

DFTBA, guys.

No comments: