Friday, December 23, 2011

Quest

I went upstairs to grab my phone but I ended up coming out from my room with a mirror.

So this is where the real reason I'm blogging starts. I have been wanting to go to every shopping mall possible to judge their Christmas decorations. This quest of mine has been silently bugging me since I was sixteen and I can finally say I've done it. So, yay to crossing out 'see every mall's Christmas decorations and decide which is the best' out of my To-do list.

Onwards with the pictures then!

I first started this quest of mine right after my exams. My first shopping mall was AEON Bukit Tinggi. Well, it wasn't that awesome (I expected that) but it wasn't that crappy either (I expected that too). There were branches without leaves with lights hanging on it. What peculiar looking branches they were.
It didn't look thaat bad. Oh, wait. They reused a huge bunny that was seen during Chinese New Year for Christmas. Kudos, AEON Bukit Tinggi for your lack of creativity.

Next, I brought along a friend who was willing to walk around Kuala Lumpur just to look at Christmas decorations with me on Wednesday. We had fun right, Leticia? Right? Oh, don't you roll your eyes at me now! Fun fun fun!

When we got off the monorail at Bukit Bintang, we entered Sungei Wang Plaza. No pictures because it was horrible. The decorations were poor (the Christmas trees looked pathetic) and the entire plaza is so messed up that we couldn't find a door to get us out of there. Shame on you, Sungei Wang Plaza for not having the Christmas spirit. I shun youuu!

We entered Lot 10 but nothing much too. I guess, it's because we couldn't find the main area where a whole Christmas park would be built (maybe it doesn't exist). But it wasn't as bad as Sg. Wang Plaza. At least they were playing Christmas songs and the Christmas trees looked grand.

Next, Fahrenheit 88. Okay, they were pretty good. They had reindeers and a sleigh near the entrance. Leticia and I wanted to jump into the sleigh and take pictures and sing Christmas carols but one creepy looking guard was creeping on us. So, meh. But their gazebo looked mighty nice. There was an eyeless bunny there (what's with bunnies this year?) and Christmas trees surrounding the gazebo. And there were Christmas songs blasting in their speakers so, yay!

Pavilion KL. I LOVE PAVILION KL. One because their Christmas decorations are fucking boss. I remember visiting Pavilion KL back in 2005 or 2006 and their theme was White Christmas. The entire shopping mall was white and crystally and amazing. Huge white Christmas trees were everywhere and fake snow was strewn on the ground. Their decorations are fucking class, I tell you. It's like you've entered into a whole new magical world. This year is no different. I love shopping malls who invest their money in decorations. It makes people like me so happy.

Two because there was a United Buddy Bears exhibition outside Pavilion KL. There were easily 120 bear statues outside Pavilion KL and it looked so damn beautiful. I love it when there are exhibitions like these in Malaysia because the only other time you can see exhibitions like these are through your computer screens.
 

Each bear represents a country in the United Nations. 
United States Of America
Ireland
Next mall : Mid Valley. I always have high expectations for Mid Valley because their decorations are always one of the best I've ever seen. This year though, not so good. It looked pretty boring. I think they were trying to achieve an Alice-In-Wonderland kind of Christmas themed decoration but kinda missed it.

Finally, Sunway Pyramid. I like it. There were fake (obviously) moose hanging around and sleighs for everyone to sit on.

After all that walking and hunting for good decorations, we end up being stranded at the train station for almost an hour. Leticia and I were too tired to be fighting with other women for feet space. Women can be so violent sometimes, when it comes to getting their way. They were pushing and slamming everyone against the walls and doors just to enter the train. It was pretty hilarious to be watching them shouting and cursing in their mother tongue (I don't know what they were saying but it sounded pretty mean) while we were sitting at the chairs. Leticia played Foster The People's Pumped Up Kicks on her phone and I started singing while waiting for the train.

Ahh, I love doing this.

Merry Christmas, y'all. :)

No comments: