Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Say.

I tend to have interactions with myself. Most of the time, I talk to myself. This morning, I was telling myself how the water is so cold and I don't want to take a cold bath. And I started to rationalise with myself on how I have no time for these petty problems and told my hands to just pour cold water over my head. Then, I answered back, "The water is so darn cold and it's making my muscles ache. Aaahhh." Then - well, you probably get the picture. It was a two way conversation with myself in the bathroom, with a water scooper filled with cold water in my hand.

And then I started to giggle in the bathroom.

I know people talk to themselves in their minds most of the time but I like to verbalise the conversation in my head. Like, how I tell myself, "Dude, chill. Read the questions. It's not rocket science. You can do this because you've studied. Think, woman. Think!" in the exam hall. Then, I will look to my sides to check if anyone heard me. I feel secure and better when I talk to myself because when I can hear myself comforting myself, it feels real. I like it when I have myself to back me up, especially during the worst times. Because you will stop at nothing to help yourself to get through.

You are your best cheerleader, support group, motivator and friend.

It is never a one sided point of view because when I talk to myself, two sides of me (sometimes three) will start debating and we will finally decide on the best option. I sound like I have multiple personalities or something. I do (I think everyone does) and it's not a disorder (hopefully). I think it's not a disorder as long it's good for you.

I'm reminding myself that Merlin is about to start and some Prince Arthur viewing is always good for the mind and soul.


P.S. December is just a day away. Christmas warmth, come to me!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Amen to multiple personalities! :D And Bradley James. Such a hunk.

Sue Fyenn said...

Bradley James, Y MUST U BE SO HOT?

I had to clutch my heart from melting every time I see him on TV. Especially when he wakes up in the morning with no shirt on. And when he wears a really sexy night shirt (male equivalent to a nightgown) before he sleeps.

WHYYYYY *dramatic wailing*