Friday, September 9, 2011

SHITTT, YOU GUYS.

MY COMPUTER JUST THE RING-ED THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

I was as usual, procrastinating when I'm supposed to memorise stuff that will not interest anyone. When I wanted to comment on Vanessa's post on that hot German footballer that has the most adorable smile, my computer screen blanked and it started to do that fussy thing that you can see after the tv station ends its transmission.

And the computer restarted by itself after that.

HO' SHIT. My heart stopped and my first instinct was to look behind my shoulders. Like, how stupid of me but I did it anyway.

And I turned off the my desktop computer and just stared at my phone. No idea why but I did anyway.

Fuck. If I die a week later, you know what happened and please fucking burn my computer with holy water, if that's possible.

Or maybe it's just my computer taking revenge on me after that one time when I left it on for 21 hours.

I am so fucking traumatised now. But if I survive, at least I have an experience scary enough to scare the shit out of my kids to study next time. Or a pretty good story when everyone gathers around a campfire to tell spooky stories.

Somehow, I have a feeling that this is one of those stories that I tell people and their first reaction is to stare in shock. Like that story of the time when I fell with a bass drum and I didn't die.

I am starting to see the humour of the experience now.

1 comment:

bloody awful poetry said...

CLEARLY what happened here was that your computer could not take the hotness of that particular German footballer. It swooned. Or whatever the technological equivalent of swooning is.

But seriously, technology acting weird late at night scares me too. I was bumming around on the laptop the other night, when at 3.30am the phone rings for EXACTLY a ring and a half, and then stops. I ran off to bed SO FAST.

Oh wait,did your PC actually do that staticky thing? Because D: The Ring remains the only horror movie that kept me up at night. If I had been you...OMG CANNOT.